If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Launch parameter to specify display?

Xen0sysXen0sys Posts: 566Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited May 22 in Plex Media Player

Is there a reference somewhere of all the functional launch parameters? Yes, run plexmediaplayer -h

I've set up two shortcuts for each mode (--tv --fullscreen) & (--desktop --fullscreen) which is necessary if I want to switch between TV/Desktop while still being able to have a shortcut that forces a launch to TV mode (Really a separate issue but mentioning it anyway).

Auto mode just remembers the last mode from when you exit which means if I switch to Desktop because I am at the PC, I'd have to switch it back to TV the next time I launch PMP for it to remember subsequent launches. Switching to desktop forces the setting to Auto despite being set to TV beforehand.

Anyway I want to always have the Desktop mode launch to one monitor and always have the TV mode launch to another monitor. If I could specify a settings file with a launch parameter I think that would solve this issue and a handful others including the aforementioned issue. One launch parameter to rule them all? Otherwise just the addition of being able to specify the display would be awesome.

Answers

• vlangvlang Posts: 1,615Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

There's also --auto-layout. Running with -h on the console should show all available options.

• Xen0sysXen0sys Posts: 566Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Cool good to know. That answers one question anyway.

Still really need to be able to either specify the display or settings file used via launch parameters.