If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Play audio from video files on Sonos.

robboekrobboek Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

My wife loves to listen to TV episodes. Please allow audio only playback of video files via sonos (Transcoded?).

Tagged:

Answers

• wwwizzarrdrywwwizzarrdry Posts: 262Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

That's a Sonos issue, not Plex. I know where you're coming from though. I was really disappointed by the extremely restrictive the Sonos ecosystem is; Even more shocked at how awfully the Sonos Controller is!

--

Unfortunately, you need to buy one of their products that supports line-in (Play5, Playbar, Playbase, Connect) if you want to listen to video streams.

I ended up connecting a Chromecast Audio to my Play:5 so all my devices can cast to Sonos now.