If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Difference between metadata folder and media folder in the Plex installation directory?

Potato BobPotato Bob Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So there's two folders in the Plex installation directory that seem to have much of the same thing and I'm just curious if they do the same thing.

One is the metadata folder and the other is the media folder, both look like they house very similar files. I'm wondering because I was thinking about putting the metadata folder onto an SSD and then symlinking it back into the Plex Media Server folder but I was wondering if the media folder should be put there as well.

Best Answers

Answers