Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Some photos showing "Unable to Load Photo" when viewed in Plex on Roku

qpatriot7@gmail.comqpatriot7@gmail.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

Certain photos do not display on the Roku's Plex App (gray screen with "Unable to Load Photo" error message), while others display fine. Seems to be all photos taken with regular point-and-shoot cameras fail, while pictures taken on a smart phone display properly. The same photos do not display a thumbnail, instead showing a gray square.

All photos display properly in Plex web app viewed from browser, and all photos happen to be jpegs.

Answers

• J&JSmithJ&JSmith Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I have the same problems on a Roku 3. It usually starts happening after several photos have displayed in slide show mode. If I reset the Roku, the photos will display once more. I have ordered a new Roku Premier+. It'll be interesting to see if it has the same problem with the Plex app.

• kwyjibo317kwyjibo317 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Same as J&J, rebooted Roku, thumbnail/display issues resolved across all apps (Plex/Photos, Hulu, Netflix, etc.)

• J&JSmithJ&JSmith Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Update: Bought Roku Premier+. Problem seems to be gone now.

• dgmelvindgmelvin Members, Plex Pass Posts: 37 Plex Pass

This is a big problem on the Roku 3. I don't have other Roku devices to test on, but on the Roku 3 after a number of photos show the not able to load message shows up and then all Roku apps that show images are messed up. You have to reboot.

Is this being fixed?

QNAP TS453 Pro QTS ver 4.3.3.0154
    Plex 1.5.5.3634 (64 bit)
    Roku 3
    Samsung Galaxy S8 phone - Plex ver 5.8.0.475

• qpatriot7@gmail.comqpatriot7@gmail.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

Rebooting Roku does not rectify the issue.

• jonvaughtjonvaught Members, Plex Pass Posts: 11 Plex Pass

Just bought a Roku Premier+ and I still have the same issue

• jonvaughtjonvaught Members, Plex Pass Posts: 11 Plex Pass

guys please help, I have an important family event coming up next week and need some photo slideshows to work. It just hands on "loading" and it is never the same pictures and sometimes it will go 2 minutes without a problem and other times it will go 10 minutes without an issue. My setup is a ReadyNAS running Plex and a Roku Premier +