If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Some photos showing "Unable to Load Photo" when viewed in Plex on Roku

Crag_MonkeyCrag_Monkey Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Certain photos do not display on the Roku's Plex App (gray screen with "Unable to Load Photo" error message), while others display fine. Seems to be all photos taken with regular point-and-shoot cameras fail, while pictures taken on a smart phone display properly. The same photos do not display a thumbnail, instead showing a gray square.

All photos display properly in Plex web app viewed from browser, and all photos happen to be jpegs.

Answers

• J&JSmithJ&JSmith Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same problems on a Roku 3. It usually starts happening after several photos have displayed in slide show mode. If I reset the Roku, the photos will display once more. I have ordered a new Roku Premier+. It'll be interesting to see if it has the same problem with the Plex app.

• kwyjibo317kwyjibo317 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same as J&J, rebooted Roku, thumbnail/display issues resolved across all apps (Plex/Photos, Hulu, Netflix, etc.)

• J&JSmithJ&JSmith Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Update: Bought Roku Premier+. Problem seems to be gone now.

• dgmelvindgmelvin Posts: 40Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is a big problem on the Roku 3. I don't have other Roku devices to test on, but on the Roku 3 after a number of photos show the not able to load message shows up and then all Roku apps that show images are messed up. You have to reboot.

Is this being fixed?

• Crag_MonkeyCrag_Monkey Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Rebooting Roku does not rectify the issue.

• jonvaughtjonvaught Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just bought a Roku Premier+ and I still have the same issue

• jonvaughtjonvaught Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

guys please help, I have an important family event coming up next week and need some photo slideshows to work. It just hands on "loading" and it is never the same pictures and sometimes it will go 2 minutes without a problem and other times it will go 10 minutes without an issue. My setup is a ReadyNAS running Plex and a Roku Premier +

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,044Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Those having this issue, please PM me 1 photo that is causing this issue.

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,207Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

There was a big issue on Roku 3's with photos - failing after a number of photos - this problem came with Roku firmware 7.6 build 4125

The problem appears to have got resolved in Firmware update 7.7.0 build 4094-04 which I got 9 days ago

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows

• isaacschwarz3@gmail.comisaacschwarz3@gmail.com Posts: 1Members

I have a Roku 3, updating the firmware to 7.7.0 build 4094-04 did not fix the issue for me.

However, my issue may be (somewhat) different, I am also "unable to load photo". I can see all the photos as thumbnails, but displays the message when I try to view them. This issue isn't restricted to the Roku and also presents itself on the Windows Plex App and also on the web client.

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,207Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member
    edited July 22

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows

• escape2escape2 Posts: 9Members ✭✭

@sa2000 said:
    There was a big issue on Roku 3's with photos - failing after a number of photos - this problem came with Roku firmware 7.6 build 4125

The problem appears to have got resolved in Firmware update 7.7.0 build 4094-04 which I got 9 days ago

Thank you very much! Upgrading to 7.7.0 fixed this issue for me. For some reason, my Roku 3 would not automatically pull this latest firmware. I had to manually ask it to update.