Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

503 Service Unavailable

voltagexdt1voltagexdt1 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 44 Plex Pass

503 Service Unavailable

out of blue what is this??

Answers

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,274 Plex Pass

I have no idea. How did you get this error? What were you doing?

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: 1.8.0 running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

• celegorm13celegorm13 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 128 Plex Pass

I'm getting the same thing. Just started yesterday. It seems to just be crashing. App says the server is unavailable, if I try to connect direct to it from within network via a browser I get the 503.

I rebooted my entire server once at about 11PM, it worked for a while then crashed again over night.

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 23,446 Plex Ninja

Please do not enable 'verbose' logging.
    Your logs don't even cover 2 minutes due to the excess verbosely chatter filling them up so fast.

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging

Yeah, I noticed that I forgot to turn that off after another issue just after I posted. It's already off so if it happens again we're good.

I did upgrade plex this morning as well., I was one version behind, just installed the release from June 7.

You will almost never need 'verbose' logs.

• JuiceWSAJuiceWSA Members Posts: 5,628 ✭✭✭✭✭

Psssst!
    Slightly avert the eyes to the right...

Tony

FileBot For Easy Plex File Naming: http://www.filebot.net/

Automated Plex Naming With Filebot: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/191687/plex-naming-schemes-for-filebot

Plex Friendly Handbrake Guide - DVDs/BluRays: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1335697/#Comment_1335697

Plex Clients: AFTVs, Androids, PMP, Rokus (running RARflix: http://streamfree.tv/roku-channels/private/all/rarflix-108-thread.html )

• astrofisherastrofisher Plex Dwarf Star Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,512 Plex Pass

Hard to look through all the verbose crud, but it's in server.1.log. Looks like the server is getting overloaded.
    Thousands of:

Jun 17, 2017 08:20:19.289 [14048] DEBUG - Auth: We found auth token (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx), enabling token-based authentication.
    Jun 17, 2017 08:20:19.289 [14048] DEBUG - Auth: Came in with the master token, authorization succeeded.

Seen here: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1460906#Comment_1460906

Jim

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    Rule #32 "Enjoy the little things"

@astrofisher said:

Jun 17, 2017 08:20:19.289 [14048] DEBUG - Auth: We found auth token (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx), enabling token-based authentication.
    Jun 17, 2017 08:20:19.289 [14048] DEBUG - Auth: Came in with the master token, authorization succeeded.

That is not an error related message at all. That just indicates a regular access from client to server.

• astrofisherastrofisher Plex Dwarf Star Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,512 Plex Pass

Ok, just making note of the lines, because it seems to be the precursor for the server behavior seen in similar threads.

Jim

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"

I just got notified that it is down again. I'm at my own wedding so I cannot reboot and get logs until late tomorrow.

To fill in as much as I can, this is a windows 10 pc, Windows update service is disabled, no changes have been made to this server since beginning of May, no issues with Plex until yesterday.

Had some time between the wedding and leaving for the honey moon. I grabbed an export of the traces and have those attached, verbose is off. Hopefully the traces show something, i haven't had a chance to look through them like I normally do. All I can really tell you is the crash happened sometime between 11am and 5pm local time yesterday (the 17th).

I also noticed when I went in and killed everything in order to restart plex there was a bunch of plex python scripts running. not sure what the normal number is or if it's even related but it's something.

• ociriej77ociriej77 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I am currently getting the error code "503 Service Unavailable". I do not have verbose log running. This is the first problem I have ever had with Plex. I have done a server restart several times, but the code comes back every time. Plz help.

The verbose didn't fix it for me. The last crash (and logs that I posted) happened after turning verbose off.

That said, it hasn't happened since I killed all those python processes. Unsure if that's luck or related.

• phenianphenian Members, Plex Pass Posts: 56 Plex Pass

Same problem here since 1.7.2.x .
    I uninstalled plex , restarted computer and installed plex again. Worked perfectly for 2-3 weeks, not starded again....

crashed again, sometime in the last hour.

edited June 25

It has to be something related to the transcoder. To me it crashes more often when i optimize something...
    It is really annoying. Any of you have an older version?

Here are my logs. Hope someone is watching this thread...

What version pf plex do you all have? Plex pass or normal ?

edited June 26

@phenian Your logs look similar to the others that were posted - appears to be the same issue. Just because Plex doesn't give an official response, doesn't mean that they are unaware. I recently looked at logs in the mac forum and see similar behavior. So this doesn't seem to be just an issue with Plex on Windows.

Jim

Updated to the latest version. Same problem.
    All you need to do is start optimizing a few movies.... it will crash 100% ....