If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Windows 10 crash (freeze) when used with Plex Server

plhmk@tin.itplhmk@tin.it Posts: 1Members

When i connect to my Plex server from a PC (Linux or Windows) after 5 10 minutes of play video (not 4k) the PC windows 10 with the Plex server "freeze" and i need reset and restart Windows.
This PC used with other programs run correctly (AMD 9590, 8 Gb RAM).
If i don't connect any PC to Plex server i don't have any problem.
Plex server is the last version 1.5.6.3790
Windows 10 64 with last update 1703
Attached log files
Thanks.

Answers

• AlexBoyd57AlexBoyd57 Posts: 2Members

I have found that using the latest Plex Server on the latest version of windows 10 x64 causes issues when I use my LG smart TV and Plex client to access the server. If I try to browse my video files, after a several minutes windows will actually perform a power off shutdown. I removed Plex Server and no longer have shutdown problems on my machine.
    It appears several people have the same issue is there any likelyhood that this may be addressed.
    Regards,
    Alex B

• AlexBoyd57AlexBoyd57 Posts: 2Members

I thought I might just add that I have found that the problem seems to lie with Python 32 bit, which is used by PLEX.....
    Although you can assign affinity settings to plex which makes it slightly more stable, if you run an installation or python based app it can cause the installation to fail or the windows 10 machine to freeze...... especially if you try to access the server settings while a second or third python instance is running. I have also noticed that after a few days of running there appear to be several instances of Python 32 bit running via task manager associated with PLEX but not used (so taking up Virtual memory space but not being accessed by PLEX. This would appear to indicate that it is time for PLEX to be recompiled to use Python 64 bit for windows 10 creative update......
    Cheers