Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

some sync content missing/not loading artist/album artwork

124»

Answers

• fand0r1982fand0r1982 Posts: 30Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm still stunned that this didn't get fixed yet, and that we don't even get a word why that is. Dropped to 1 star as well.

• 4Meadway4Meadway Posts: 277Members Plex Pass

@MovieFan.Plex any chance on a update? This bug is well over 12months old and there has been nothing from you guys about getting it fixed. This is core paid for feature... surely it should on top of the pile to get working for everyone?

• HarvesterOfEyesHarvesterOfEyes Posts: 40Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I agree with the posters on this thread. I am tired of paying for "features" that do not work.

• prouthieprouthie Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Did some try to call Plex customer service (855-534-8012) on this issue? Perhaps if we all call next week it may ring a bell to someone!! No ones from Plex seem to read this thread and they clearly don't care... I'll call for at least to let them know how pissed off I am... I would encourages other to do the same.

• filippo333filippo333 Posts: 50Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

What amazes me is how this topic rises to the top every week, it's definitely not a visibility problem unless Plex have literally turned off notifications and don't visit the Android forums. Basically not doing their job.

• 4Meadway4Meadway Posts: 277Members Plex Pass

Photo updated to 8.0.1 so I thought I would refresh the plex app along with all the synced content hoping this would have been fixed - but still nope! Artist and album artwork are randomly missing - looks a complete mess on the phone and on androidauto which pulls the artwork off the phone (when it's there).

Well over 12 months and nothing from plex on this!

Yeah, I'm going to keep being vocal about it also. Every Plex video/news article I see I will shame them as the message isn't getting through the normal way.

Still not fixed. Still not fixed. Still not fixed. Still not fixed. Still not fixed.
    Hey Plex guess what?

• elliotleelewiselliotleelewis Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same with me!

I can replicate this issue persistently by syncing artists, doesn't happen as often when syncing albums but it's clear as day when you're in offline mode. It's even more of an issue with playlists containing tracks from different albums/artists; my synced music looks a mess with random album art and missing from both artist and album view.

It's as if the database isn't being updated properly to the device or the images simply aren't copied across from the server. Being a self taught programmer, I could probably fix this issue if this happened to be an open-source project...

• Pig0rPig0r Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'll throw my name in here, too. Random missing album art etc.

• IlinoahIlinoah Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here! It happens also on my android phone. Album/artist art is randomly missing. It's annoying that nothing happens from plex to fix it since a long time!

Please do something about this, an update ...anything!

• Ranger34Ranger34 Posts: 22Members Plex Pass

Come on guys, don't you know VR is WAY more important than getting basic features to work?

@Ranger34 said:
    Come on guys, don't you know VR is WAY more important than getting basic features to work?

I agree, Android and iOS should be the focus since they are the most popular platforms for Plex.

• fand0r1982fand0r1982 Posts: 30Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Still broken :(

• IlinoahIlinoah Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

New interface (nice!) BUT still THAT annoying bug.. :(

124»