If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Router Configurations | Switched from TWC (Spectrum) to Cincinnati Bell (Fioptics)

MarkCohenUSAMarkCohenUSA Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

EEEEEEEEK !
I am no longer able to reach the server from outside the network.
Reading into it a little, I see I may have to get into the router for CB ... I don't know how.
Anyone have any guidance on how to set this back up so it works again ?

Answers

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 5,324Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

First, see if you are in a double NAT situation. If you go to your Plex remote access page it should list the public IP. If you go to www.whatsmyip.org, is it the same?

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: 1.8.0 running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

• MarkCohenUSAMarkCohenUSA Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello kegobeer-plex ...
    I know I have a static IP ... and to answer your question, they are not the same.

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 5,324Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@MarkCohenUSA said:
    Hello kegobeer-plex ...
    I know I have a static IP ... and to answer your question, they are not the same.

Then you are in a double NAT situation. Contact your ISP and let them know what's happening - they may be able to get you set up without any real issues.

Where are my log files?

Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

They will NOT set the router to Bridge Mode ... we asked about this for some other services I have in the home.

@MarkCohenUSA said:
    They will NOT set the router to Bridge Mode ... we asked about this for some other services I have in the home.

If they can set up the proper port forwarding then Plex will still work just fine.

Where are my log files?

ok, thanks.

• duncancarrduncancarr Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Did you ever get this fixed? I had a similar issue with Fioptics (extra complication of eero in the house too). After a bit of tinkering, managed to get it all working just fine. We're probably both in the Cincinnati area so would be happy to talk you through things on the phone. Just let me know. I had the double-NAT issue and can confirm that Cinci Bell will not support the modem in bridge mode.

I never got this fixed. It was WAYYYYY to difficult. I eliminated a router and went to a single router utilizing all the features on the ZyXel Fioptics router. I have no issues now ... that we have no crazy set up.