If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Pre Roll movie not playing on all movies

Hi guys,

i've setup a pre-roll movie on my pms running on osx.. its working fine on the web app playing before all movies but on my samsung it's not working properly it seems like some movies "don't like" to play the pre roll... any ideas ?

thx

Comments

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,381Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Only "unwatched" moves will show the pre-roll, if they have a resume time the pre-roll will be skipped.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

• limpolimpo Posts: 9Members ✭✭

Hey Orca thks for the quick reply..

Ive tried two that were marked as unwatched and still no luck... its not a random thing a few movies even if marked as unwatched are not playing the pre-roll.. i have the latest version on player and pms

A little more info...

Ive marked one now as unwatched... then play and no preroll exited the movie then play and preroll ok

Ive tried a few more that were not playing the PR but no luck

Ok it seems like the movies without the PG/R at the top right are not playing the PR...

Just tried 5 and none played the PR

Ive manually edited the content rating for one that was not showing the PR and its working now...

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,381Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

OK, that's a weird issue. So they need a PG rating or the pre-roll won't play?

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

That is correct

I asked around a bit, but it actually seems to be a feature/restriction.
    It's there to prevent children being exposed to the latest horror movie trailer, when they just try to watch Little Mermaid.
    So when the main movie has no rating available, only G, PG, PG-13 rated movies will show.
    Because the pre-Roll is just treated like another trailer, a pre-roll will need a rating to support this.

My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

That makes sense ... i've just rated the Pre-Roll as G and is now playing on all movies :smile:

Thanks !

• MovieGhoulMovieGhoul Posts: 85Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for this. I was wondering why it wouldn't play for all movies.