Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

v4.12.1 - Closed Caption not working anymore

stehohrhasestehohrhase Members, Plex Pass Posts: 192 Plex Pass
in iOS

Closed Caption has always work fine and correctly with mp4 files.
Forced Subtitles were shown perfekt.
When in container was "marked correctly", what to play (forced/with subtitle with witch audiotrack - on ipad and apple tv works great and perfekt.

In the new 4.12.1 forced subtitles are not more shown. please rollback to old slection/funktion !!!

Answers

• stehohrhasestehohrhase Members, Plex Pass Posts: 192 Plex Pass

Plex will fix this or how i can go back to 4.12 ?

This is really a update with a big issue. Why they change this -((

• dwharrisondwharrison Members, Plex Pass Posts: 19 Plex Pass

This is a major breakage for me as well.

• sergiou87sergiou87 Plex for iOS Developer SpainMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 477 Plex Employee

We're looking into this issue, sorry for the inconvenience!

Are there any news?

• sergiou87sergiou87 Plex for iOS Developer SpainMembers, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 477 Plex Employee

It seems the fix needs some work on the server side. We hope the server team can tackle it soon!

Really ?

Before, the App works fine. I only updated the ios App - NOT the Server.

In the Releasenotes was:

Version 4.12.1 is now available.
    FIXED:

• Closed captions could be enabled incorrectly.

Now, there is a Problem - before never...

Correct. I'm running server 1.5x and I have many DVR recordings for which the Apple TV version can play captions but the iOS version no longer can.

I'm quite deaf and not having captions available on my iPad puts significant restrictions on when I can watch these recordings. This needs to be fixed...

Interestingly, I took a fresh recording (using server 1.5x), played on my iPhone with no captions, and then Airplayed it to my Apple TV, where the captions showed up. Clearly the iPhone app is doing some parsing of the captions, but just failing to get them properly displayed.

Is there any word on this? This is a major concern for me since I do a lot of watching on iOS.

Sorry, I didn't meant it was a server problem only, the issue is on both sides. We're working on it and hope to have a fix soon :/

Sorry for the inconvenience! :s