Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

I don't have Plex DVR, or Program Guide anywhere in my iOS app.

CurunCurun Posts: 57Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
in iOS

I'm confused, press release says it should be here somewhere.
iPhone 6, app updated. iOS 10.3.2

I have Hardware Transcoding Preview 3 (1.6.0.3720) installed, and a HDHomeRun paired. On my home browser system setting screen, I have it paired and program guide data loaded.

Best Answer

Answers

• jnally2jnally2 Posts: 10Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Update to 1.7.2 server maybe

• ashjimashjim Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I also do not have the program guide on my iPhone. Server is running Version 1.7.2.3878.

I am assuming the iOS app update hasn't reached my region just yet. My iOS app is version 4.12.1. I'm waiting patiently for the update to hit my device.

• BoomSchtickBoomSchtick Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm in the same boat as ashjim. I have 4.12.1, but it just updated to that yesterday. What's the version with live TV in it?

As far as the server goes, I have 1.5.6.3790, which is the version that the article seems to point to (I had a 1.5.5 before that.) This one has a DVR (Beta) in settings so I figure it should be OK.

• rsavarsava Posts: 2,739Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

@BoomSchtick - FAQ states you need

Live TV requires Plex Media Server v1.7.2 or newer and you must set up the DVR in your server.

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/115007689648-Watching-Live-TV

R Sava

• mojo_13mojo_13 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just updated my server to 1.7 and went to try out the ios app but looks like mine doesn't have it. Hope I get the update soon. Looking forward to trying it out.

• clarkmercerclarkmercer Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Had this same problem. Updated my windows server to 1.7.x (had to make sure plex pass downloads on), problem solved. Thanks!

• PlgrimsleyPlgrimsley Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@clarkmercer Glad to help. :)

• briseideebriseidee Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a lifetime Plex pass. I have the latest Plex server with DVR setup and the latest iOS app from the App Store as of today, but I don't see the Program Guide anywhere in the iOS app. I am in the USA, so why wouldn't I have the latest version. What is the solution to this problem?

• briseideebriseidee Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Oh, and I am running Plex on my Mac. Is live TV / Program Guide not available in the iOS app if you have a Mac Plex server???

• fecaleaglefecaleagle Posts: 90Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 7

I was in the same boat on both my iPhone and Android TV after updating to 1.7.2.3878. I already had a DVR configured, and I tried restarting the PMS service a couple of times to no avail. I am also based in the US, and I have had access to the Program Guide from the web interface for some time. What finally got me there was deleting the app from both my phone and TV. Lost the synced music on my phone, but the Program Guide and Recording Schedule popped right up after re-installing the app on both devices.

Edit: I am running the 4.12.1 version app on my iPhone.

• csddaviescsddavies Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The program guide is not showing up on any of my iOS devices either. I have the latest server (on Mac) and the latest client on the iOS devices. I hope this gets fixed soon.

• Mike LongMike Long Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

PLEX made announcements about DVR Live TV being available on Android and iOS but it doesn't appear anywhere. My recommendation is for PLEX not to advertise what they don't have.

• fecaleaglefecaleagle Posts: 90Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 11

@csddavies said:
    The program guide is not showing up on any of my iOS devices either. I have the latest server (on Mac) and the latest client on the iOS devices. I hope this gets fixed soon.

@Mike Long said:
    PLEX made announcements about DVR Live TV being available on Android and iOS but it doesn't appear anywhere. My recommendation is for PLEX not to advertise what they don't have.

Did either of you try reinstalling the iOS app after verifying that PMS is set to the Plex Pass update channel and that you are running 7.2.x+? I'm sure they will get this worked out in the next server update, but uninstalling and re-installing the apps fixed this for me on both my iPhone and Android TV that were missing the Live TV menu items.

@Mike Long, Live TV is not yet supported on Android, only Android TV.

My Plex Media Server for Mac is v1.5.5.3634 (latest version). My iOS version is v4.13 (latest version). Yes, I deleted the app off my iOS and device and reinstalled. I haven't tried reinstalling the tvOS version yet. What is the Plex Pass update channel?

Oh! Now I see the "Plex Pass" update channel. Yes, I update PMS and reinstalled the app and now I can see the DVR and Guide! Thanks!

• adcastleyadcastley Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have my update channel set to plex pass but it doesn't go up to 1.7. it's still down at 1.4 with DVR beta so no live function. Do we have to manually download and install it? If so can someone point me to where. Lifetime plex pass