Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Camera upload not uploading in the background

RTMcGRTMcG Members, Plex Pass Posts: 20 Plex Pass
in iOS

The way I understand it the camera upload feature is supposed to continue to upload the photos in the background. As soon as my phone goes dark or the app is minimized the upload seems to stop.

Answers

• lobbyistlobbyist Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Same problem here.

• GregFaulknerGregFaulkner Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I have the same problem, its not uploading in the background. On 2 iPhones. Why is this question marked as answered, theres no answer here ?

• RTMcGRTMcG Members, Plex Pass Posts: 20 Plex Pass

Still no answer.... Hello? Beuller?

• LamariosLamarios Members, Plex Pass Posts: 13 Plex Pass
    edited June 19

The camera upload stopped working at all for the past 10 days for me. It seems like it doesn't pick up new pictures, I tried to reset the camera upload but no luck. Logs don't show anything wrong. Same goes for my wife's phone.

• El_CidEl_Cid Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I have the same issue - it doesn't seem to upload anything if the app is not opened.
    I have a huge library of 7000 items because I just enabled the feature...

The app has to be running for it to work, but the problem is it's supposed to be uploading while the app is running in the background, i.e., the phone is "dark" or another app is on the screen but Plex is running. That's the part that doesn't work. You have to actually keep the app running on an active screen for it to upload.

• thedavixthedavix Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4 Plex Pass

Just installed for the first time the Plex app, and did activate the camera upload in the background.
    I did manage to do the first upload of all my ~2k pictures by leaving the app opened, but now it will not sync my pictures automatically in the background.

Yours has worked better than mine so far then. Mine would only upload while the app was open, phone on (screen lit up) with plex being the primary app (not in the background). Once the app goes to the background or the phone goes dark it all stops.

• shooter71shooter71 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 27 Plex Pass

Same issue on my iPhone and iPads; you need to continue opening the app to continue having it load pictures. Not sure if it auto uploads new pictures, as usually I get a server disconnect error before i can test that feature and then it thinks I am connected to a new server and have to start the process all over again.

• calvo.familycalvo.family Members, Plex Pass Posts: 18 Plex Pass

Seeing the same problem, after uploading 10k pictures by forcing foreground in the app, now it wont do anything in background.