Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

NBC channel's NBC Nightly News broken?

CaptnhookCaptnhook Posts: 64Members ✭✭

Have enjoyed using the NBC channel to watch the Nightly News broadcast but recently (past couple of days) when accessing it I get a "No content" message across multiple platforms (Samsung TV, iPad, PC and Roku).
Has something changed on the NBC Nightly News site to cause this?
Anyone else experiencing this too?
Hopefully it can be fixed.

Best Answer

Answers

• CaptnhookCaptnhook Posts: 64Members ✭✭
    edited June 5

@sander1 said:
    The Nightly News feed is empty.

Thanks.
    I noticed that and just wanted to mention that the feed on the Nightly News iPad app and the Nightly News webpage are currently up to date and still functional.
    Perhaps NBC has changed the location or way they handle some of their program content.

• smithresmithre Posts: 3Members

It is now Aug and as far as I can tell non of NBC programing is current, why does PLEX just remove them.....

• sander1sander1 Channel Developer/Admin Posts: 3,661Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited August 2

@smithre said:
    It is now Aug and as far as I can tell non of NBC programing is current, why does PLEX just remove them.....

Plex doesn't do anything. Since all channels are not official: if something changes and stuff breaks, someone has to update the code. Until now nobody has contributed a fix, so the channel is currently broken.

• shopgirl284shopgirl284 Posts: 2,638Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Forum Moderator Plex Ninja

This is a known issue that has already been reported, see https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1486364/#Comment_1486364

Also see the section called "A Plex channel plugin stopped working. When will it be fixed?" in the Frequently Asked Questions for Channel Plugins thread pinned to the top of the Channel Forum.

Many issues and questions can be resolved by reviewing the Plex Support Documentation
    Providing details about your issue, Plex setup, and including log files are important when when asking for help on the forums.
    See Log Files
    Before posting channel plugin questions or issues, please review the pinned threads at the top of the Channel Plugin forum:
    READ FIRST: Guidelines for Posting Channel Plugin Issues/Questions and Things to Check First
    FAQ for Channel Plugin FAQ