Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[BUG] Smart playlist and iOS sync loop (flac)

mm98mm98 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 359 Plex Pass
edited June 3 in iOS

Hi,

For the last month I have had problems syncing smart playlist (filter: rating more than 1, sorted by play count) to iOS. This would result in an FLAC conversion infinite loop on a particular track (01 - Giving Up the Ghost.flac). This resulted in my mobile data plan got drained, because the iOS app doesn't check connection switch states WIFI to 4G (i guess). I started the sync on WIFI and later switched to 4G. This actually drained my mobile data plan in one day. Devs says a possible fix should be out soon. Perfect!

Yesterday i tried again, since I installed the latest PMS. I noticed that it ones again did a loop on one specific FLAC track. I removed this track from the smart playlist, and the sync completed (finally).

When i add the track again and let it sync on iOS. It ones again starts the loop. This must be some kind of bug. I can play the specific track by itself on Plex for iOS. If PMS fails to convert a track, shouldn't it just exclude it or stop the conversion and return an error?

I cleared the Logs directory before testing. PMS and Plex for iOS logs attached. (est. time: 11:49)

PMS: 1.7.2.3878
Plex for iOS: 4.12.1

Plex Media Server: QNAP TS-453 Pro (CPU Mark: 1864, Intel Celeron @ 1.99GHz Quad-Core, 8GB RAM, SSD, 2 x WD)
Plex Media Clients: PlexWeb (app.plex.tv), Plex for LG, ChromeCast Ultra, iPhone 6, iPad Pro, Apple TV 4 and Sonos
DVR Hardware: HDHomeRun EXPAND (HDHR3-4DC)
Smart TV: LG UHD UH7500 (US) / UH750V (EU) (WebOS 3.0)

Tagged:

Answers

• mm98mm98 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 359 Plex Pass
    edited June 21

Bump - anyone?

PMS: 1.7.3.3937
    Plex for iOS: 4.13

Plex Media Server: QNAP TS-453 Pro (CPU Mark: 1864, Intel Celeron @ 1.99GHz Quad-Core, 8GB RAM, SSD, 2 x WD)
    Plex Media Clients: PlexWeb (app.plex.tv), Plex for LG, ChromeCast Ultra, iPhone 6, iPad Pro, Apple TV 4 and Sonos

Bump ...

PMS: 1.7.4.4017
    Plex for iOS: 4.14

Bump ... more than one month old ...