Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

App doesn't remember where left off

missionspartamissionsparta Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 138 Plex Pass

All the other version of Plex will remember exactly where in an episode you stopped at. I can't seem to get the android version to do this. Am I missing something or for some ungodly reason did they leave this out?

Answers

• missionspartamissionsparta Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 138 Plex Pass

Sorry. Let me clarify. If I go and seek out the actual episode I stopped at, then hit play, it will resume. But if I go into the main seri3s menu and hit play, it will play the last unplayed episode, but won't resume where I left off on it.

So is this not possible in the android version?

"All by myself".......scoobie-doobie-dooo

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 15,365 Plex Employee

I'm able to reproduce this. This is not the expected behavior. Thanks for the report, I'll let the devs know.

@MovieFan.Plex said:
    I'm able to reproduce this. This is not the expected behavior. Thanks for the report, I'll let the devs know.

Whoop! Help! I honestly appreciate it. Thanks. You have a great weekend.

@MovieFan.Plex said:

Does today's update address this issue? I've read the release not s but they can sometim s be confusing. As a result, I am still seeing the issue mentioned in this thread in the latest update.

edited July 3

This issue still hasn't been addressed.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 15,365 Plex Employee

This should have been fixed back at the end of June. If not fixed for you, there is another issue. Please recreate the issue and provide new PMS logs.

Ok. Here she is! Just to make sure we understand what my issue is...it pertains to when you have a bunch of episodes synced from one series. In the past I could watch what ever I wanted with the episodes of a synced show, stop where I wanted, and if I went to the main root of that show in the synced content and hit play, it would start on the episode I left off at as well as where in the episode I did. Now the only way to resume where Ieft off, is find the episode is stopped during, select that episode, and then hit play from the menu for that specific episode. Somewhat a pain. The app does remember where I left off still, but it only works if I figure out what episode it is and go to it directly; which kind of defeats the purpose of it remembering where I left off if I have to do half the work and find that episode.

Ah sorry. I got my issues mixed up. This has not been fixed yet. There was another issue related to the Chromecast not resuming, which was fixed.

The devs are aware of this issue. No news on when a fix may happen.

@MovieFan.Plex said:
    Ah sorry. I got my issues mixed up. This has not been fixed yet. There was another issue related to the Chromecast not resuming, which was fixed.

The devs are aware of this issue. No news on when a fix may happen.

Really appreciate you getting back with me. At least I know the issue is being addressed. Thank you.

• nadforevernadforever Members Posts: 1

To add I am also having the same issue!

@nadforever said:
    To add I am also having the same issue!

Yep. While it doesn't sound like a big deal, it removes the simplicity and ease of use of Plex and puts the remembering what episode I left off on back on me. Ugh

....and that's still a negative, Houston.

• ukcomsukcoms Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Is there any update to this issue as i have had the same problem for a while now and like some of the others it is becoming a pain.

Thanks

It's on the Todo list, but no update so far.