Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

how can i get Alexa and Plex to play on Xbox?

ckx56ckx56 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the Alexa hooked up to work with Plex. I am using Xbox one to watch movies and listen to music. Is there a way when i ask Alexa to "tell Plex" to do something that it happens on the xbox and not on the laptop i am running plex on?

Tagged:

Answers

• Smiling MaybeSmiling Maybe Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

No. The Xbox One Plex app is severely out of date (the only versions of Plex more out of date are for Windows Phone and Xbox 360). The Alexa function only works on versions of Plex that get updates (ie: appear to have anyone working on them):

• Amazon Fire TV
    • Android (mobile)
    • Android TV
    • Apple TV
    • iOS
    • PlayStation 4
    • Plex Media Player
    • Plex Web App
    • Roku
    • Windows/Windows Phone
    • Samsung Smart Hub (v2.008+, 2015 models, third-party)
  • ckx56ckx56 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks for the response much appreciated, i guess i will look into the shield also as it seems to be what they were using in the video.

Thanks again

• br3nn88br3nn88 Posts: 50Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Please Please Please,

Tell me this is in the pipe line?.. Im a total plex NUT, and i rock xbox one but i would love to be able to pause, play etc without picking up my remote.

GEEK88 - PLEX PASS Lifetime
    Geek88 Youtube Channel

• tripod50tripod50 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i don't think we will ever get a update on the xbox app, they don't seem to care for it, sadly.

• ckx56ckx56 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

with the Xbox X coming out and it's 4K, and soon to have Dolby addition, i would really think Plex would look into this.

• vaderagvaderag Posts: 25Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Such a shame that this app doesnt get more love... With Xbox and Windows sharing architecture and universal apps these days this should be easy to maintain just one app for both

I became a Plex Pass subscriber for Xbox one, use it multiple times per day, but really wish I could get Alexa working with it

• Terry CinemasTerry Cinemas Posts: 912Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

They are working on an update. I don’t know when it will be released, but I can assure you they are working on one

Chris

Old username: CMTAHM

- (4) Rokus
    - (3) iPads/ 1 mini
    - (1) Windows 7 x64 PMS
    - (1) PHT
    - (1) MacBook Pro
    - (1) GTV NSX-40GT1
    - (1) Kindle Fire HD
    - (3) iPhones