If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Windows App Crashes

I recently removed my Windows 10 PC from an Active Directory domain and so a new local profile was created. As a result, I had to reinstall the Windows Plex app (not sure why). Since then, the app does not load. It crashes with no error every time I try to load it.

After the 2nd or 3rd time the app crashed, the C:\Users_user_\AppData\Local\Packages\CAF9E577.Plex_aam28m9va5cke\LocalState\Logs folder was opened. There are three log files and each contain the following:

2017-06-06 10:23:06:2115 [2] INFO - Plex for Windows
2017-06-06 10:23:06:2135 [2] INFO - Windows.Desktop 10.0.14393.1198
2017-06-06 10:23:06:2155 [2] INFO - [WindowsAppCore] - Current culture is English (United States) - en

I have reinstalled the app a couple of times. Attempting a restart now but don't have much faith. Any ideas on what I can do?

• SHAW_FAMILYSHAW_FAMILY Posts: 83Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can anyone help?

• mrjestermrjester Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have this issue. App just crashes after trying to start.