If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can you specify libraries to show in PHT? Or specify a server?

PyrometheousPyrometheous Posts: 32Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I currently have my regular media server, and then I have my cloud server on Google Drive. My cloud server is specifically so that my parents can stream plex from their house without killing my bandwidth. I wanted to know if there was a way of having openPHT only show the content of my local Plex server. It's odd to have all of my libraries doubled (2 sets of movies, 2 sets of TV shows, 2 sets of family photos). I just discovered openPHT, and I've missed PHT's interface, but right now, PMP seems to be more practical, since it allows for that seperation of libraries. I didn't have this issue with the original PHT because I only used the one media server before.

Answers

• jwaltrip4jwaltrip4 Posts: 580Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I think if you specify the server manually, and tell it not to search for plex servers.

in preferences
    manually specify server
    and set the IP

• benjaminwolfbenjaminwolf Posts: 979Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

You can't block out any of your own server from the owner account if you touch Plex's authentication at all. Not authenticating through Plex can add complications you probably don't want to deal with. The best method is to setup another Plex account for your own viewing (apart from the server's account), and share only the local server with it.

Enjoy Rasplex/OpenPHT? Consider dropping some bones into our development war chest! $25, $10, $5, or even $1 helps. All donations go toward development expenses so our volunteers spend less out of pocket. rasplex.com