If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No Servers Found when using Addon for Kodi 17.3

forrestbgforrestbg Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have tried .102 and .102b5 and can not see my plex server. It appears its not logging into Plex. I have removed them from plex as devices and they have never reappeared. Can anyone help?

Tagged:

Comments

• forrestbgforrestbg Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

by the way the server works fine over the webapp on other systems and DLNA works fine along with my phones plex app.
    This just started late last night. I have two kodi boxes and both have 17.3 . I was trying to hold off from rolling it back or doing a clean load.

• astrofisherastrofisher Plex Dwarf Star Posts: 5,514Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Check server settings. Secure connections - set to either preferred or disabled. Check App settings for "Allow Insecure Connections - Always or On the Same Network.

Jim

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    Rule #32 "Enjoy the little things"

Tried that before but did it again. Still not working. I have using KodiConnect for now and DLNA works fine so it makes me think there is a Addon bug. Is anyone on Kodi 17.3 with this addon and it is working?

• astrofisherastrofisher Plex Dwarf Star Posts: 5,514Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 8

Running 17.3 with the Plex for Kodi addon using both a Chromebox (addon version 0.0.102b5) and a MiBox (addon version 0.0.102).

Jim

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    Rule #32 "Enjoy the little things"
  • TanguybTanguyb Posts: 43Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I got similar problem for 4 months.
    I tried both on kodibuntu release and on 2 differents android tv devices with the same results.

The problem appears only when my server is accessible from outside. Disabling server remote access fix the problem for me but it's only a workaround.

http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/259017/network-issues
    http://forums.plex.tv/discussion/260289/server-is-not-accessible

It seems I found the issue.. I Wiped on of the systems reinstalled the plex addon and test. Linked back to plex and all worked perfect. reinstalled some of my other addons and tested again. It broke. Went to recently updated addons and noticed Python was actually rolled back. Updated it back to what Plex addon was using and presto it worked again. So for anyone out there having a similar issue check conflicting addons that might have recently upgraded or modified a dependent addon.
    So this post can be closed. Thanks for everyones help.

• AC MediaAC Media Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 12

So I had the same problem with Kodi 16 and on 17.4, there were no dependencies on my system, turning off Remote Access on the server side made it work for me.

• feartshadowfeartshadow Posts: 1Members

In my case the problem was a Python module.

• davidobedavidobe Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thanks. It was also the python module for me.

• QetzaQetza Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I can confirm that the issue is with the requests add-on. After being updated to version 2.18.4 i couldn't connect to my Plex server anymore, downgrading it back to 2.12.4 and disabling auto update resolved the issue.

• Proteus 12Proteus 12 Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Got the same issue with requests add-on. How can I downgrade it to 2.12.14?

• mwplex2300mwplex2300 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i seem to have the same issue. manifests in the debug log as:
    22:45:21.900 T:18446744072527688168 NOTICE: script.plex: API: ERROR: Request failed https://plex.tv/users/account?X-Plex-Token=Sop[redacted]msR7 - _new_pool() got an unexpected keyword argument 'request_context'
    how does one update individual python modules/elements in Kodi? I did not install any Add-On other than Plex and the Kodi log uploader.

• Brick AdminBrick Admin Posts: 83Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

In Kodi, go to recently updated add-ons and select the requester one, then choose update and from the list select a version earlier than the one installed. Should already be in local cache and be applied immediately. Launch the Plex for Kodi add-on again and you should be back in business.

• greebs777greebs777 Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any suggestions on how to remove/rollback when using this on a Sony TV (so, Android Kodi) - also has the issue, but I'm unsure what to rollback/how - I noticed it updated some of the python modules before it stopped working.

• pmisleypmisley Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

When I look at my Recently updated list on a FTV2, I only have "The TVDB" and "Version Check". Is the name of the add-on I should be looking for simply "Requester"?

• sleepsterzsleepsterz Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello, My plex for Kodi stopped working last night and instead of checking what happened I just went ahead and reloaded Kodi. I see about rolling the requests dependency back but I don't have a locally cached version anymore since I reloaded Kodi. Does anyone know how I can load an older version of the requests dependency? I went to the GitHub and downloaded the zip and tried to install from zip but it fails.

• the-archivethe-archive Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

You can download previous versions here: https://github.com/beenje/script.module.requests/releases

• sleepsterzsleepsterz Posts: 2Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Thank you very much, I will try that once I get home from work and report back.

• pmisleypmisley Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@sleepsterz said:
    Hello, My plex for Kodi stopped working last night and instead of checking what happened I just went ahead and reloaded Kodi. I see about rolling the requests dependency back but I don't have a locally cached version anymore since I reloaded Kodi. Does anyone know how I can load an older version of the requests dependency? I went to the GitHub and downloaded the zip and tried to install from zip but it fails.

I did the same as you and wiped out the ability to rollback. Lesson learned! I will try installing as well from the provided link and see what the results are. I'm on a FireTV so I'm not sure if I should use the Downloader app to install from the link or if there is a way to do it directly within the Kodi app.

• Proteus 12Proteus 12 Posts: 4Members ✭✭

Here's the link for the working version: https://github.com/beenje/script.module.requests/archive/v2.12.4.zip

Remember to disable the auto-update function before you install it