Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Content skipping or stopping randomly

deanjordan30deanjordan30 Posts: 19Members ✭✭

Hi, we have been using plex for nearly two years. have the latest Android and Plex server installed on Windows 10. Windows all up to date. Running chromecast (three different devices) all also up to date.

When casting random tv shows, we find that it randomly stops playing an episode and starts the next one. When watching movies, it just randomly stops.

I don't know where else to look or what else to do.

This happened at around 20:25 today (07/06/17), log file is attached if someone could have a look and let me know what else to try?

Can you please help?

Thank you very much for your help.

FYI, this has been happening for about a month now.

Answers

• deanjordan30deanjordan30 Posts: 19Members ✭✭

this might be helpful too, please find all logs from the plex server Thanks.

Can anyone please advise? I am still having this issue and need some assistance?

Thanks
    Dean.

• doumerdoumer Posts: 59Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This describes accuratly what I initialy experienced described here: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1470076/#Comment_1470076
    With another Chromecast I gave now the issue described in the other thread - very mysterious :(

• bunklungbunklung Posts: 184Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Please star and provide feedback to Google:
    https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/63117638

• TebaldTebald Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Exactly what I'm expierencing since the last couple of days. I lately upgraded to Server 1.7 and had this in mind in the first place. Also having issues with the PS4 app. Other Clients seem to run fine.
    Yesterday I downgraded to Server 1.5, but it happened again since then.

anyone had any more luck with resolving this problem? Google Chromecast support have not been very helpful and Plex as you know, don't have support. I'd pay for their support!!!!! Its so frustrating.

Thanks heaps

Dean.