If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Where can I find steps for a manual update? to Version 1.5.3.3580

diphigitaldiphigital Posts: 1Members

hi Folks, where can I find steps for a server manual update? (Version 1.5.3.3580 An update is available.)
Running Plex server on Drobo5N, dowloaded the tar file to a MacOS, web client and Plex app installed.
Thanks!

Best Answer

• DaddyGoofballDaddyGoofball Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

There are a couple of ways to install. You can simply download the package and install it. It should keep all your settings and configurations.

My plex server runs on FreeNAS, My upgrade took place while someone was streaming from outside my network. They recieved a 1 second interruption during the install.

Answers

• DaddyGoofballDaddyGoofball Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

There are a couple of ways to install. You can simply download the package and install it. It should keep all your settings and configurations.

My plex server runs on FreeNAS, My upgrade took place while someone was streaming from outside my network. They recieved a 1 second interruption during the install.

• mikex007mikex007 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am having problems with install. Once I have downloaded the new server software the installation starts but seems to just do nothing even after hours have gone by. Am I doing something wrong. I am using Mac Mini as server.