"unable to cast. This media is currently unavailable."
I can stream Youtube from any device to my Chromecast. But I can not stream anything from any device using Plex to my Chromecast - always receiving "unable to cast. This media is currently unavailable."
Here my setup:
Plex Server 188.8.131.5280 is the one synology package center updates to
Plex Media Player on: Mac Desktop, iPad Pro, Android phone
- Streaming youtube (or any other video source) to Chromecast from any of my devices
- Streaming Plex on the desktop using Plex Media Player
What does not work:
- playing back from either device from Plex to Chromecast with described error message "unable to cast"
- playing back via Chrome plexweb.tv remotely
What I checked/tried:
- confirmed Chromecast is on the same subnet as Plex (192.169.1.*)
- disabled Synology Firewall (all it did was returning the Plex error message quicker)
- tried multiple Plex Media Server versions 1.3.2, 1.5.6, 1.7.2 to no avail
- changed Plex Media Server Network/Secure connections from Preferred to Disabled
- added Chromecast IP to Plex Media Server Network/Custom server access URLs (https://192-168-1-71.1f82c9925fb24cbf82693443c1b04ac4.plex.direct:32400)
- rebooted Chromecast multiple times
- rebooted Synology multple times
- rebooted Router multiple times