If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Kodi Add-on starts but just hangs at three dots loading

jimmorbidjimmorbid Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello! I've loaded Kodi (18.0-ALPHA1) and Plex Add-on on my Plex Server (ubuntu server 16.04.2)) because I am sick on a lack of DTS passthrough on Fire TV. I am able to open Plex Add-on and link it to my account but after that it just goes to the three dot loading screen and stays there indefinitely.

Debug log seems okay but I'm not sure what to look for... Ideas?

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• MrSliffMrSliff Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@danjames92 said:
    V16 and V17 are the only supported versions. V18 would need a complete rewrite.

There's literally no reason right now to use V18, even without Plex for Kodi.

Sure there is a reason:

v18 has ability to use things like netflix because of their DMR

sorry to revive this thread

• jean_francoisjean_francois Posts: 7Members ✭✭

I have the same problem with Kodi 17.4 on Mi Box. If I put the box on sleep for a long time I get the three dots, and they're preventing me to quit kodi or do anything.

The only workaround I found is to auto-start the plugin when kodi launches, and when I my watching session is over, quit Plex plugin (and optionally Kodi too) before sending the device to sleep.