Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Viewing live TV channels

bassman@warb.usbassman@warb.us Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

When accessing HD Grand Slam, then accessing the tv guide, no matter what channel that I choose to view, It returns a blank screen with the message "There was a problem playing this item."
Is this a problem in Plex setup or in HD Grand Slam? Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• bassman@warb.usbassman@warb.us Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

@bassman@warb.us said:
    When accessing HD Grand Slam, then accessing the tv guide, no matter what channel that I choose to view, It returns a blank screen with the message "There was a problem playing this item."

I removed Plex from my computer including server and re-loaded new and still get the same message.

• DaricksterDarickster Members Posts: 2 Plex Pass

bump......

@bassman@warb.us said:

@bassman@warb.us said:

I removed Plex from my computer including server and re-loaded new and still get the same message.

Still no solution but I feel like the problem may be in HD Grand Slam. On my Samsung Smart TV, everything in Plex and HD Grand Slam seems to work. On my computer and on Roku, everything works but live TV. Isn't live TV the only thing that is provided by HD Grand Slam? This is disappointing because my house is not wired for ethernet or TV and can only be transmitted by WiFi. I am using an HDHOMERUN to transmit the TV on WiFi.

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,274 Plex Pass

@bassman@warb.us said:
    Still no solution but I feel like the problem may be in HD Grand Slam. On my Samsung Smart TV, everything in Plex and HD Grand Slam seems to work. On my computer and on Roku, everything works but live TV. Isn't live TV the only thing that is provided by HD Grand Slam? This is disappointing because my house is not wired for ethernet or TV and can only be transmitted by WiFi. I am using an HDHOMERUN to transmit the TV on WiFi.

Live TV requires two things: Plex Server 1.7.2, and either an iOS client or an Android TV client. Your Roku app and the web browser app do not support Live TV. Please refer to the Live TV FAQ pages for more information.

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: 1.8.0 running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision

Sorry for the delay but a road grader took out my internet for almost a week. I am running 1.7.3.3937 and I did have live tv using Roku before but something changed and it stopped working. I erased everything and reloaded as I did originally but it has the same error message.

Accepted Answer

Finally fixed after finding this post.

Ok, so here is the fix I think you need. You will need to adjust that python script.
    HDGrandSlam.bundle/Contents/Code/init.py
    On Line 305 replace:
    def ShowTunedTV(guideno,include_container=False,checkFiles=0):
    with
    def ShowTunedTV(guideno,include_container=False,checkFiles=0,includeBandwidths=0):
    Save and restart plex (mine took a couple minutes without restart to pick up the changes).
    credit here:
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/229258/rel-hdgrandslam-plex-channel-interface-for-hdhomerun-tuners-dvrs/p16