If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex DVR to NAS fails to stop recording

yoda5000yoda5000 Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have:
1) updated my Shield TV to the new Shield Experience 5.2
2) disconnected and reconnected my NAS share per this recommendation
3) created a new new folder on my NAS
4) added a new Plex media source source set the new NAS folder named "Recorded TV"

Now recordings never end. e.g. -

Any ideas?

Answers

• yoda5000yoda5000 Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Screenshot does not seem to have worked, so trying again -

• martinmchughmartinmchugh Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Having the exact same problem myself, hopefully someone can shine some light on this problem

• d23wilsond23wilson Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

having the same problem...only going back 10+ versions seems to solve it...and i don't want to have to do that every time, after i hope the next instance of plex may work for me.

• MjcMjc Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have this issue as well. But I save to a USB hard drive.

• smith1964ussmith1964us Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem.

• joekottjoekott Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

same problem

• vidit10vidit10 Posts: 7Members Plex Pass
    edited September 11

Having this problem on Debian with Hauppage PCIe Card as well. Saving on local disk.

• markbeboutmarkbebout Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Seems to be a core issue with Plex. I've read complaints about this that spans several server versions of Plex and many different storage devices, from PC servers, NAS devices, and removable storage devices. Hopefully they're aware of it and get it fixed soon.

• burrittburritt Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same with HDHomeRun (on newest firmware 20170930 and the previous one), and Server Version 1.9.2.4285 running on Synology. Restarting the Plex package correctly ends the recording and adds it to the library, but otherwise is just shows the percentage continuing well past 100%. In the tuners section it also shows that "2 tuners—3 recording now" which is obviously not possible. Looking at HDHR's status, none of the tuners are in use after the proper end-time, but Plex doesn't seem to know that its own activities have ended.

• clt3609clt3609 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem