Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Has transcoding gotten much worse lately?

stephenspeicherstephenspeicher Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12 Plex Pass

I NEVER got "your server isn't powerful enough" messages before the latest builds and now I get them ALL THE TIME.

Comments

• snowace56snowace56 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 19 Plex Pass

Yep... Between transcoding and direct streaming, my Nvidia shield is a paperweight.

• jake.achee@gmail.comjake.achee@gmail.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

I get them all the time too, it's rendered my Shield unusable for Plex..

• lappen@gmail.comlappen@gmail.com Members, Plex Pass Posts: 43 Plex Pass

lately i've gotten short freezes until it starts playing again, not to annoying still usable (wired)

• hang10zhang10z Members, Plex Pass Posts: 31 Plex Pass

I am also having a lot of problems with the shield, I am also on 5.2. I cannot stream anything from plex cloud. If I use a ipad or stream/cast through a PC the files work fine. Plex just sits there with the wheel spinning and never loads the video. This completely sucks.

• Vegas6614Vegas6614 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 25 Plex Pass

Man, I thought it was just me. I'm getting the 'not powerful enough' message often too. Wonder what in the heck they changed to do that?