Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Using Live TV on Unraid Docker

Guy TurnerGuy Turner Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Hi all. I have an Unraid server with the hauppauge QuadHD tuner installed. I also have Unraid DVB edition installed (includes linux drivers for tuners). The server recognises all four tuners and I have passed it through to the official plex docker as described in the linked article. I'm running the plex pass version and wanted to know if Live TV and DVR will be supported in the setup soon? Other dockers such as TVHeadEnd work like this.

Answers

• SingleServingSocietySingleServingSociety Members, Plex Pass Posts: 301 Plex Pass

Not sure whether your card is supported, but it should just work this way. You might want to connect to your docker and see that the dvb devices actually exist.

docker exec -ti [plex] /bin/bash

where [plex] is the name of your docker instance. This should drop you into a root shell within your docker. Now do:

ls /dev/dvb

This should show some 'adapter' directories, if not you haven't forwarded your card correctly.

• Guy TurnerGuy Turner Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Yep, when I run that I get the following returned:
    adapter0 adapter1 adapter2 adapter3

Is it because that card isn't supported in the current release? But I am doing everything right lol?

• Guy TurnerGuy Turner Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Also just to confirm, the latest release of Plex Server (1.7.3) includes support for my card. My Unraid docker is running version 1.7.3.3937 so it should be working?