Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Error : "Playback was not possible: Not enough bandwidth for any playback of this item.."

cjblckwl82cjblckwl82 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

My wife's computer is getting this error message on the Web Interface when trying to play some TV shows.
This is on the local network, the files are are pretty small (500mb). There isn't an option to drop the quality, the message just refreshes every few seconds.

She can download the episode just fine from the web interface and it's fast 30+ mbps

I checked the upload settings on the server and it's blank which my understanding is no limit.
No other computers on the local network are having this issue and we are using Plex everyday but for some reason hers is having issues.

She is on wireless (so are the other PCs and hers is closest to the AP).
I checked her connection to the AP and ran an internet speed test (even though technically this is all local) and it was blazing fast for us (40mbps DL)

Does anyone have any ideas?

Answers

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4,853 Plex Pass

Is it just her having troubles? All other clients you have work fine and don't have trouble with TV show playback? What OS is on the computer? Your Plex server is on a computer on the local network?