If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Website unavailable/Server unreachable

BBking83BBking83 Posts: 21Members ✭✭

I have had ongoing issues with the Plex app on my QNAP for quite some time now. First, I'll explain what I have.

QNAP Model: TS-212
Firmware: 4.2.0 (18/11/2015)
PLEX App version: 0.9.15.3.1674-f46e7e6_arm-x19
Plex Address: http://192.168.0.20:32400/web/index.html
QNAP IP: 192.168.0.20
PC IP: 192.168.0.10
Modem/Router: 192.168.0.1
Ports Forwarded: 8080, 32400 Irrelevant to my question, but 'just sayin' anyway.

What happens is, when I log into my QNAP (which, I NEVER have issues with) and click on the Plex app, it takes me to http://192.168.0.20:32400/web/index.html and I get the Plex screen and I can add shows and go to my settings and it works fine. However, sometimes I click on it and I still get taken to: http://192.168.0.20:32400/web/index.html but it can't reach it, as if I'm on the wrong network.

It hasn't been consistent with firmwares (however in some cases, when I come across this issue, I uninstall Plex from my QNAP and download a newer version and install it) but I usually end up uninstalling Plex from my QNAP and manually installing it again.

It's incredibly frustrating as I go to watch a movie, have to reinstall it, add all the files back to the library, let the QNAP rebuild it's metadata (which can take hours) and then I can begin watching it again.

I have raised it here, but dane22 requested to start a new thread.

I can access it 100% fine on my mobile locally and remotely. I can view it fine on my TV locally but every now and then, Plex on my QNAP just decides to not work.

I can try a different port (36200, for example) but I can't even access the Plex web portal locally to change it!! (Will do that now, but I still shouldn't have to).

Just throwing it out there, can I use 34202, for example?

EDIT: For some reason, I edited my post and it got deleted... :| Reposting.

Comments

• moody_bluemoody_blue Posts: 2,915Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited June 17

The problem with PMS 0.9.15.3 is that it's no longer supported. Plex published minimum supported levels

I'm aware that recent PMS versions can't be installed on ARMv5 processors such as the TS-212, so your best option might be to keep your NAS for data and acquire a new machine to install PMS (several options exist, from RasPI3 to Intel NUC's).

If you decide to stay with PMS installed in the TS-212 you can minimize the effort with reinstalls. You can install this, for example, and save all the contents of the Plex folder (with PMS stopped) before you uninstall PMS. And replace all the contents in the newly created Plex folder with the backup. This way you will not have to rebuild metadata.

QNAP TS-253A 4G QTS 4.3.4.0411 (beta3) + PMS 1.10.1.4561 (beta) + QPython2 2.7.12.0 + PlexConnect 0.5-dev-161017

TV Sony KDL-32V2500 (720p) + aTV3 Rev. A firmware 7.2.2 + Denon AVR-1604 A/V Receiver 5.1 + Harmony Touch

Portables 1x iPad4, 2x Android phone, 1x Android tablet, 2x PMP on Win10

No support via PM unless requested by me

• BBking83BBking83 Posts: 21Members ✭✭

Hmm... You answered as if there's a known issue?

Anyway, I think dane22 has put a lot of work into it (I believe he contributed development towards it?) so it's not use complaining.

I understand that there is no longer support for it, but the downloads should still be available? I just upgraded my TS-212 to v4.3.3. The annoying thing for me is that I don't know if it's the Plex app or the QNAP firmware??

From here, I have two questions:
    1. Is there a manual way for backing up your library? (link to guide, if possible)
    2. Now it's up to v1.x, was v0.9 always beta?

Cheers.

• dane22dane22 Posts: 10,394Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Heh, I asked another user to start a new thread, since his Q was unrelated, and not you :-)

But let's continue here then...

As @moody_blue said, your PMS is sadly no longer supported by Plex, so we are going up hill here :-(

But to your Q's....

And regarding your error, when it happens, we need PMS logs in debug mode

/T

I hate bugs - Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
    Join me in developing: epg-dk, str2utf-8, remidx, ExportTools, WebTools
    Support the Samsung Client:Donate
    Guides I use: Media Naming Guide, Local subtitles, Log-Files, QNAP FAQ, The Plex Dance

NO Support via PM, unless called by me

I'm more than happy to get a log.

I can get my QNAP event logs or do I get them from the Plex app?

Also, is it even worth it if it's not supported anymore?

Cheers.

You get them from the /Plex Media Server/Logs directory.

And when we said not supported, we mean that Plex no longer provide updates.

That doesn't mean, that the community would not help, if possible ;-)

/T

Guides I use: Media Naming Guide, Local subtitles, Log-Files, QNAP FAQ, The Plex Dance

Got ya, on it now.

BTW, I've connected to my QNAP with Putty. So far I can't access the directory "Plex Media Server" (I think because of the spaces) but I want to learn Lunix a bit more.

But because of your handy tool, I can still retrieve the logs. Next time it happens, I'll report back.

Cheers!

Type:

cd Plex\ Media\ Server

That way, you tell Linux to escape the space

Or type:
    cd Ple and then press the TAB in order to do code completion

Or type:
    cd "Plex Media Server"

/T

edited August 30

OK. I think I know what my issue is here...

My power has tripped a couple of times lately and I at least now I can replicate this issue. It's when my QNAP has had an abnormal shutdown.

Luckily, I can also easily resolve it by properly rebooting my QNAP. Now, PLEX works.

However, I'm still curious about these log files, if you are also. I have about 15 different files in Plex/Plex Media Server/Logs. What ones would you like?

Plex Media Server.log
    Plex DLNA Server.log
    Plex DLNA Server Neptune.log
    Plex Media Server.log.1
    Plex Media Scanner.log
    Plex DLNA Server.log.1
    Plex Media Server.log.2
    Plex Media Scanner.log.1
    Plex Media Scanner.log.2
    Plex Media Scanner.log.3
    Plex Media Scanner.log.4
    Plex Media Server.log.3
    Plex Media Scanner.log.5
    Plex DLNA Server Neptune.old.log

There's also a PMS Plugin Logs folder within that Logs folder.