If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

photo's sorted in folders

ehengelmanehengelman Posts: 2Members

Recently I transferred all my pictures from my server to a synology ds416play nas, in /volume1/photo. I installed Plex on this nas and added a photo library and pointed it to /volume1/photo.
The photo's are sorted by folders, named with years like 2013, 2014, 2015 and so on. In those folders I have sorted in folders the events the same way. For each event a folder.
On my Android Phone I alsways could browse through those folders and I found quickly the photo I needed. In this new situation I can't see any of the folders, but all pictures, from every folder in one screen.
What do I have to do to see the folders with the years and event names again, before seeing any photo?

Answers

• AldohrAldohr Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am seeing the same. The folder view seems to have been removed from the latest version of Plex Android. This was extremely helpful to me as all of my folders are organized by year and subject. Many of my photos are scans so a timeline view is useless as the dates are the date it was scanned. Even if I went through and updated the metadata on thousonds of pictures, there still seems to be no way to sort by a subject (which would require even more metadata updating I suppose). Please add the folder view back to Android in addition to the timeline as it is very valuable.

• sixonessixones Posts: 136Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

In the latest Android release (6.1) are you able to see the photo folders? If not please could you provide some logs, steps for obtaining logs are available here: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201573117-Android-Android-TV-and-Fire-TV-Logs