If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No TV show metadata

Jerri1240Jerri1240 Posts: 2Members

I'm quite new to plex an after some help.

I previously used my desktop as a server but over the weekend repurposed an old laptop. Metadata was absolutely fine on my desktop but for some reason on the laptop the TV shows wont pull any metadata.

I have used filebot to name them all and ask I said they were all fine previously.

So far I've tried the following.

1) Removed shows from library
2) Updated library
3) Emptied trash
4) Cleaned bundles
5) Re-added shows
6) Tried bith TVDB and movie database as agents

I've also tried to unmatch then rematch the shows but still no luck. It says downloading metadata but nothing changes.

As I said I'm new to plex and before this had had no problems at all.

Can anyone please tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Answers

• astrofisherastrofisher Plex Dwarf Star Posts: 5,513Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Possibly something is wrong with the local cache. When Plex orginaly matches and scrapes the metadata, it creates a local cache. When you refresh, Plex grabs metadata from the local cache. If something is amiss with the cache, refresh won't help.

You could try Clearing the HTTP Cache for the applicable agent. https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/202967376-Clearing-Plugin-Channel-Agent-HTTP-Caches
    Reboot the server after clearing the cache and give it a couple of minute to startup, then refresh metadata for the item. If it's a TV Series, perform a refresh for the entire series.

com.plexapp.agents.thetvdb

/Plug-in Support/Caches/com.plexapp.agents.thetvdb

Jim

"I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    Rule #32 "Enjoy the little things"
  • Jerri1240Jerri1240 Posts: 2Members

Thanks, gave it a go but no luck.

I had to manually go in and match each show, then change the search option to TVDB, select the show then it downloaded the metadata. If I set the agent to TVDB it didn't work, if I selected auto match it didn't work.

I've no idea why. They're all matched now and I don't have a massive collection so if I have to do that in future it's hardly a chore. Just really strange.