If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex - iTunes File Path Issue

ajay182ajay182 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi all,

I'm trying to migrate iTunes (on my NAS) to Plex (also on the NAS) and seemingly I'm running into issues with carrying over playlists/metadata.

From reading everything here (I've probably got through about 100 threads!), the issue I've self-diagnosed is that apparently, for a like-for-like transfer between the two requires the file paths for the media to be identical across both platforms.

But, when connecting to the NAS through iTunes, the directory is "\NAS******\Multimedia\iTunes\iTunes Music" as the media location (when using the "Browse" function to find the folder) whereas the Plex directory that works is /share/Multimedia/iTunes/iTunes Music.

Does anyone know of either a) a standard file path format that will work across both or b) another solution to this?

Best Answer

• ajay182ajay182 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Many thanks for the help. I managed to go into the iTunes XML file and basically just change all of the file paths to the one Plex uses and that worked a treat!

Answers

• moody_bluemoody_blue Posts: 2,918Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited June 19

QNAP TS-253A 4G QTS 4.3.4.0411 (beta3) + PMS 1.10.1.4561 (beta) + QPython2 2.7.12.0 + PlexConnect 0.5-dev-161017

TV Sony KDL-32V2500 (720p) + aTV3 Rev. A firmware 7.2.2 + Denon AVR-1604 A/V Receiver 5.1 + Harmony Touch

Portables 1x iPad4, 2x Android phone, 1x Android tablet, 2x PMP on Win10

No support via PM unless requested by me

• ajay182ajay182 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Many thanks for the help. I managed to go into the iTunes XML file and basically just change all of the file paths to the one Plex uses and that worked a treat!