If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Unable to Register iPad for Plex Beta

jeremyroejeremyroe Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've previously used and downloaded the iOS betas without issue. At some point, I must have reset my iPad. I'm now running iOS 11 beta and trying to get the most recent build of Plex via my buddybuild link. It attempts to grab the configuration profile and fails alternatively with an SCEP error or a network error. I've tried both my wifi and the cell connection and even reset the iPad in DFU mode. Is this happening for anyone else or is this an issue specific to my iPad? Any ideas on what to try? I do have configuration profiles installed from Meraki and from my own Apple Developer account without issue.

Answers

• jeremyroejeremyroe Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

No one has had issues joining the beta on IOS 11?

• sgniwdersgniwder Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is happening on both my iPad and iPhone's that have IOS11.

Thanks @sgniwder

@Plex - Looks like there's a bug in your beta system related to IOS11 that is preventing us from loading the beta to fix the IOS11 bug . . .

• TimMeadeTimMeade Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Happening here also. When adding profile enrollment fails with "the SCEP server returned an invalid response" Two ipads on ios 11 beta 2.

• TheLuckiestTheLuckiest Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Also getting this response. I’m on an iPad Pro 10.5” running iOS 11 beta 2.

• camncharcamnchar Posts: 201Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ditto here. Initially worked -> reset iPad -> SCEP error.

no improvement on iOS 11 Beta 2

• jbrodleyjbrodley Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem with iPad and iPhone on ios11

I was able to play one video after the latest Plex update hit the App Store and then it died again - still can’t do beta