If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Stream drops, then nothing resumes

radiocolinradiocolin Posts: 97Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've been running into an issue the past few weeks where shows and movies will randomly just stop playing when watching on my Shield. It tells me it couldn't reach the server. It then is unable to resume on the original player, but will also fail new playback on the web, iOS, etc.

Restarting the server machine completely is the only thing that allows playback to resume, and even that can be spotty. If I manually restart the server from the command line, it takes a very long time to shut down, but still won't play anything when it comes back up.