If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Refresh rate problem

jaydee77cajaydee77ca Posts: 73Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited June 18 in Plex Media Player

Hi, this doesn't seem like a Plex issue but I am trying to get it working in order to use Plex Media Player. I'm running Windows 10 and using a Sapphire Radeon HD 5450. I cannot set the refresh rate to 23.97 Hz. When I set it to 23p in the ATI Catalyst Control Center it won't stay but immediately switches back to 24p (24.00 Hz). Also when Plex auto switches the refresh rate it only goes to 24.00 Hz. I confirmed from my projector info display that the signal it's receiving is 24.00 Hz. Does anyone know how to get it to stay at 23.97 Hz? Thanks.

Answers

• AchillesAchilles Posts: 1,897Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Are you running the latest GPU drivers?

• jaydee77cajaydee77ca Posts: 73Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yeah, I am. I've been trying it on 24.00 Hz and even though the file reports 23.976 frame rate Plex doesn't try to change the video refresh rate so perhaps it might work using 24.00 Hz. I'll try it for a while and see.