If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Cloud is Only Option?

jmongolojmongolo Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

For some reason, when I reinstalled my media server on my new PC, I was only given the option to add libraries to Plex Cloud and it only looks remotely for files. However, when I log in as my spouse, it works properly. Why does my account only allow access to Plex Cloud and no local devices? Sorry if this is an incredibly easy question; I tried to search for it and could not find an answer. Thanks in advance!

Best Answer

Answers

• jmongolojmongolo Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 1

Unfortunately, none of the items there fixed my problem. It cannot find my server on this computer under my account the only options are to pull from a cloud and the local server says it's remote, but as my spouse, everything shows up correctly.

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 26,362Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

There is no Plex server connected to this 'jmongolo' account, except the 'cloud' server.

This fact points to the possibility that
    your locally installed Plex server is signed into a different plex.tv account. The procedure described in my second link enables you to fix that.
    Are you intentionally using several plex.tv accounts, instead of just one?

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging

No, we actually want to move the server over to just the jmongolo account.

Okay, thanks to your help, I was able to use the information in that second link and unlock the media server and log in with my account! Thank you so very much!! :)