If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Where is setting "Allow Display Mode Switching"?

shoutingmanshoutingman Posts: 15Members ✭✭

I'm trying out Plex Media Player v3.9.1 on Windows 10. I'm looking for the "Allow Display Mode Switching" setting described in the documentation. I can't find it; the settings aren't as described.

Playing back 24Hz content, my HTPC remains at 60Hz (default setting) and there's recurrent judder / jitter in the video playback. It's because Plex isn't automatically switching the refresh rate (as PowerDVD 16) does.

Best Answer

Answers

• shoutingmanshoutingman Posts: 15Members ✭✭

Thanks! That did it. (It's the opposite of PowerDVD, which has the detailed settings in PC mode and hides the advanced settings in TV mode.)