Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

There are no items in this library when using 'TV Shows' channel

Paul-APaul-A Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

Hello Team

When I create a new Channel using 'TV Shows' and pointed it to our NAS (QNAP) it tells me 'There are no items in this library' despite the fact that there are.

When I create a 'Movies' or an 'Other Videos' channel and point that to the exact same library on the NAS it will show the TV Programs without any issue.

All files are MP4.

Is there any limitation on the format used for 'TV Shows'?

Thanks

Paul

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• JuiceWSAJuiceWSA Members Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭✭✭

Log Files Please:
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200250417-Plex-Media-Server-Log-Files
    Drag zip file to message window and drop it.

• Paul-APaul-A Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

Hi Tony, apologies for not including this. Here is the server log.

• Paul-APaul-A Members, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

WOW Tony!! This is greatly appreciated!! Just followed your instructions and off it went!! Recognising everything just like the Movies!! :smile:

I guess having only done Movies to date my expectation was incorrect!

Thanks again!!

• JuiceWSAJuiceWSA Members Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19

Read that Movie Guideline as well - and adhere to it's warnings. Your Plex life will be greatly enhanced:

A Movie Library/
    ......Movie Name (YEAR) [Extra, Non-Compliant Stuff in Brackets is ignored by Plex].xxx
    or
    A Movie Library/
    ......Movie Name (YEAR) [1080P Naked Alien Version]/
    ..........Movie Name (YEAR) [1080P Naked Alien Version].xxx

You can 'nest' movies, but the 'nest folder' should be named exactly like the movie.

The Documentation is quite helpful, but as always a question on the forum will usually be met with many helpful participants.

FileBot - is your friend.

Enjoy.