›
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Sideloaded Plex Classic sees PMS, shows no content

bpcollierbpcollier Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi fellow Plexers

Having some issues with a new Roku 3 (AU Telstra TV that is locked out of Roku Store) that I am trying to sideload Plex Classic 3.1.9 onto.

I have repeated this process a number of times.

My PMS is working fine, but I have rebooted it too (running on a spare Mac mini)

Running ATV 4 and Xbox player versions perfectly

I can connect the Roku to the PMS (it sees the server, located on the same subnet), I can login with my myPlex account, no worries (including entering my PIN)

But when I go into the Classic Home Screen, no content. When I click into Library Section or On Deck etc, it pops up a screen that says "No Library Sections. Either you don't have a Plex Media Server running or it couldn't be reached"

I have uninstalled Plex Classic. I have tried RARflix and Plex-NowTV-2.8.2 (I am back to Classic 3.1.9 now).

I have factory reset my Roku and redid it all again

I even tried putting my Roku into the api.qa.roku.com channel store, all with no luck

As you can tell, I have tried every Google, Plex Forum and YouTube search I can - to no avail

So I am now stuck and cannot get Plex content onto my Roku - So if someone could please help or give me some guidance, I'd really appreciate it! I'm going round n round on this!!

Cheers, Ben

Comments

• Elijah_BaleyElijah_Baley Posts: 4,424Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Try turning off secure connections in settings. I am not sure exactly where that is as I have not used the "Classic" app in quite a while but I do remember that there have been problems with the old Plex apps on the Roku when using secure connections.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain
    "If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” - Isaac Asimov

• bpcollierbpcollier Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Elijah_Baley WELL DONE!! Thanks heaps for the quick response and it bloody well worked!! I can't believe that it was a simple switch like that (but it always is I suppose!!)
    Thanks heaps!!
    Cheers, Ben