If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex for Android not finding local videos

AshTray900AshTray900 Posts: 143Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

The new feature seems to be non functional for me. It can't even find my videos in the default camera location on internal storage galaxy s8, anyone else showing 0 videos?

Do I have to create a specific folder? I see no setting to change where it looks for videos

Tagged:

Comments

• sixonessixones Posts: 119Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Camera videos are shown in the Camera Roll feature and are kept out of the local playback list.

Do you have other videos on the device that should be in the list, or do you just have videos from your camera?

• AshTray900AshTray900 Posts: 143Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

my device is android, it stores pictures and videos in internal memory, DCIM/Camera folder

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,033Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

The local videos option does not list videos in your camera roll. You can already get to these by clicking on the "Camera Roll" tab. This is intentional so you don't see the same videos listed in two different locations.

got ya! makes sense, I never store any other videos really besides google play stuff which is encrypted.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,033Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

You can move a camera roll video out to another location, which will then get detected for local playback if you want to give it a spin.

no big deal, I was just ignorant of the camera roll taking over the stock camera save location

@AshTray900 said:
    no big deal, I was just ignorant of the camera roll taking over the stock camera save location

Not sure what you mean. The camera roll is the location the camera saves to. The Plex app doesn't take anything over.