Google Fiber TV box: "Unable to Cast" video with AC3 / Dolby audio (Debug Logs included)
Whenever I try to cast a video with AC3 / Dolby audio to the Google Fiber TV box, it fails and I get a "unable to cast - There was a problem playing this item." error on the TV screen. Video with DTS, FLAC, or AAC audio play successfully.
Plex Media Server:
- Ubuntu Server 17.04 with Kernel 4.10.0-24-generic
- Plex Media Server v126.96.36.19937-70f781325 linux-ubuntu-x86_64
- Huawei Nexus 6P
- Android Version: 7.1.2
- Plex Version: 188.8.131.526 (6a09a7d5)
- Google Fiber TV box
- Platform Version: gftv200-46.51.2
- Operating System: Linux 3.19.0-gfiber0+
The timeline of events for the logs is: I tried to cast "10 Cloverfield Lane" with AC3 audio and it failed. I then tried to cast "10 Cloverfield Lane" again and it failed. I then tried to cast "10,000 BC" with DTS audio and it started playing successfully. I let it play for around 30 seconds and then stopped it manually. I then tried to cast "12 Years a Slave" with AC3 audio and it failed. I tried one more time to cast "12 Years a Slave" and it failed.