Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Using Plex for Dealership on Apple TV

bpavlakisbpavlakis Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

Good afternoon Guys!

I didn't see it on the forum anywhere, but is it possible for me to have videos in a playlist loop continuously on the 7 Apple Tv's we have? I'm trying to use this server for media to play on TV's at each desk throughout the business day. I can see that I can cast videos to specific devices and have them repeat, but I can't find an option to send to multiple. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!
Brandon

Answers

• mrjakester702mrjakester702 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 80 Plex Pass

Either assign each Apple TV a user that has access to your server or sign in with the same user on each Apple TV.

• bpavlakisbpavlakis Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

Okay so they're all signed in with the same user and I can get the videos on all of them but I can't get them to repeat continuously throughout the day. The playlist plays through and then brings up the list again.

• trudgetrudge Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,200 Plex Pass

@bpavlakis said:
    Okay so they're all signed in with the same user and I can get the videos on all of them but I can't get them to repeat continuously throughout the day. The playlist plays through and then brings up the list again.

there is no "repeat playlist" - you'll need to manually re-add the same stuff over and over to fake the looping.

• bpavlakisbpavlakis Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

Okay so basically I can't have the apple tv just loop through videos in a playlist? Sorry I'm just trying to have all 15 videos play in a loop on each Apple TV. They don't necessarily need to be synced up, just display the content. I'm having a wicked hard time getting this all to work so I figured you guys might be the best bet. The videos all play through in the playlist like normal but I just can't get them to keep playing all day.

• trudgetrudge Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,200 Plex Pass

@bpavlakis said:
    The videos all play through in the playlist like normal but I just can't get them to keep playing all day.

Then add them all again to the playlist so that each video is in the playlist 10 or 20 times. There are better tools/apps out there for digital signage.

• ty02_plex_infoty02_plex_info Members Posts: 4 ✭✭

If the videos are located on a SMB NAS you can do a continuous loop using videos/music on ATV4 using the VLC App. There is YT video "apple tv 4 nas hack" that shows how to create VLC IOS playlists.