Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Remote access randomly working

lcrivelllcrivell Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited June 23 in macOS/OS X (Mac)

I have a Plex Media Server installed on my Mac and use wifi connection to internet router. Router gets a fixed IP address from Internet provider and distributes it via NAT to internal network.
However often the server in not available for remote access, and sometimes it works. Whether I enable uPnp or IP filtering I don't understand why remote connection is sometimes working (appears in green on Plex interface) and after 1 minute, 1 hour or 1 day, it's not working anymore and is displayed as red.
What can I do to understand what's wrong ? Log is available here. Thanks

Answers

• BigWheelBigWheel Posts: 9,819Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

i would set a static IP for that device in router and i would set up port forwarding manually.

your website is not working. you can just zip up the log file and drag drop on forums

Logs > https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201869908-Log-Files
  • lcrivelllcrivell Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited June 26

Thanks for your comments. My mac always gets same IP address, but I set it as manual as suggested. Port forwarding manually set, to the same port Plex put in uPnp, but still red. Log attached. Thanks !

• ChiefsFan70ChiefsFan70 Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've had the same problem for months. Sometimes remote access with be good to go for a couple weeks without going offline. Then, for seemingly no reason, it will go offline daily.

To correct, all I have to go to the remote access settings screen and hit "Retry" and it will correct itself.

**WISH - That Plex could monitor the remote access status and if it goes red....it could automatically "retry" all by itself. I don't understand why this is an issue that has gone unresolved for so long. **

• lcrivelllcrivell Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Or even more easier, what don't Plex simply work as all other cloud tools with sockets, like dropbox, google drive...