If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Crashes, crashes and crashes (Error CE-34878-0)

Gravel FreemanGravel Freeman Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited October 19 in PlayStation

Title says it all. Plex keep crashing on PS4. Only way is to close the app before each use otherwise it'll crash after 1 min a video plays. Thanks for fixing this! It's been doing that since launch (more than 1 year...).

Answers

• BigWheelBigWheel Posts: 10,012Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

I use Plex on PS4 pretty regularly and do not have any crashes. can you turn on logging in the app which will write to your server log. Hopefully we can see what it is doing before crash.

Do you mean the app is actually closing or freezing up or something else?

Logs > https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201869908-Log-Files
  • Gravel FreemanGravel Freeman Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just tried to turn on log by searching through all options and found nothing... Can you please help me to to this?

• JeffCrumJeffCrum Posts: 96Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Try the link in @BigWheel 's siggy next to the work Logs.

Okay, it isn't a link. Copy and paste it into your browser.

Anyone? Maybe the error message could help.

(CE-34878-0)

No one can help. PLEX you're garbage at supporting and updating your apps.

• harlequin01harlequin01 Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Gravel Freeman said:
    Anyone? Maybe the error message could help.

(CE-34878-0)

When that error shows up in games it usually requires a reloading of the newest firmware and the most drastic being a complete reset to factory defaults of the PS4.
    It is caused by corrupted data according to the info i can find on google.

Lifetime Plexpass
    Server : Thinkserver TS140 : E3-1226 : 16GB Ram : 6TB storage : PLEX Server Version 1.9.4.4325
    Clients : Samsung F5500 tv , 2 x Firesticks , chromecast , Samsung Note3 , Samsung J5 ( 2016) , Linx 1010b.
    PlexDvr + Plex DVR API for Enigma2 ( Xtrend ET8500 + 4 x DVB-S2 inputs )

I will try a complete reset but have to backup games before. I have P.T. which definitely I can't loose!

Still I'm afraid this error will come back over and over. My friend have the same error and my brother too (new PS4).

Will let you know guys.

HERE WE GO AGAIN!

The error (CE-34878-0) came back just after 4 days on a fresh install. I haven't installed or played ANY games. So it's fresh install on PLEX on a freshly formatted PS4. You have to stop doing like there was nothing happening on the PS4. There's a huge issue right now and it's not only me. It's my brother and my best friend having the same issues.

So please I monthly pay for PLEX and I expect updates to fix such HUGE issues with your applications.

@BigWheel said:
    I use Plex on PS4 pretty regularly and do not have any crashes. can you turn on logging in the app which will write to your server log. Hopefully we can see what it is doing before crash.

Do you mean the app is actually closing or freezing up or something else?

Please BigWheel check this out, there's an important issue here.

• FirstAidPoetryFirstAidPoetry Posts: 61Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It crashes daily for me too, always while browsing media, never while playing.

My SO and I have resorted to putting bets on how many times it will crash before we can get something playing.

@FirstAidPoetry said:
    It crashes daily for me too, always while browsing media, never while playing.

My SO and I have resorted to putting bets on how many times it will crash before we can get something playing.

Do you have the (CE-34878-0) error?