Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Media not playing on Hisense Smart TV Plex Opera TV

Please assist cant play any content, i can access all my content. Hisense Smart TV (Plex app 3.8.0 Opera TV Store

Comments

• Gdr56Gdr56 Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭
    edited June 24

@sean@tritechafrica.co.za said:
    Please assist cant play any content, i can access all my content. Hisense Smart TV (Plex app 3.8.0 Opera TV Store

Well this is a problem, at present it's selective what plays. I have tried Direct Play and Stream settings and H.264 level setting, AC3 and DTS, TV advanced sound settings and all combinations What's really strange My LG on the same network works fine. It seems to come about since 3.8.0 update of the TV app with direct Play and stream checked not like it was previously. After a few searches with Google Emby and Winwap DLNA solutions are presently looking at support.

Lets hope this is corrected quickly.

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Satellite TV: Foxtel Australia Q2. Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• naikonnaikon Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

Same issue. Can't play any content on my Hisense with Plex 3.8.0. Other devices work fine.

A snapshot of devices that are working fine, except the Hisense TV app.

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Satellite TV: Foxtel Australia Q2. Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• waynecmurphywaynecmurphy Members Posts: 26 ✭✭

Same issue here. Fine last week on Windows PC casting to HiSense TV, now nothing plays unless it's optimised first. (And I can't see why last week an unoptimised file played, yet this week it won't. And I don't have the HDD space or time to optimise my entire library!)

edited June 25

For those playing (or not playing) at home, I tried rolling back to an earlier version of Plex Media Server and still had no success. So it seems the problem may be with the Opera app on the Hisense TV. Does it update automatically? Can it be rolled back?

• SEAN ROBERTSSEAN ROBERTS Members, Plex Pass Posts: 13 Plex Pass

I Have tried resetting my TV to Default, i have removed the server and reinstalled to the latest release, i have made changes to the settings on my firewall, i have removed Opera from devices on the server. i tried a fresh install on a demo PC. ITS THE TV!! i am currently running from my XBOX ONE, MXQ Pro, Sam S8, Lenovo Laptop, HP Laptop and PS4 all devices seems to work except my Smart TV LOL. they should fix the APP.

• DamianHodgkissDamianHodgkiss Members Posts: 1

Just confirming another user with the 3.8.0 update broken on Hisense TV.. hopefully fixed soon, only reason I bought the TV was for Plex (which has always worked great)

• wajomawajoma Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

Please can this get fixed. I'm a bit of a techo-dummy and it took me ages to work out how to get it all to work. I have no hope of tweaking it myself or doing any kind of technical work around.. I just want my plex to work again :(

edited June 26

@wajoma said:
    Please can this get fixed. I'm a bit of a techo-dummy and it took me ages to work out how to get it all to work. I have no hope of tweaking it myself or doing any kind of technical work around.. I just want my plex to work again :(

You definitely don't need to feel like a plex user-dummy this problem is for real. I too hope some attention is taken soon.

Some info from a Plex post on Facebook:

"To be very clear, we don't actually officially support HiSense television sets currently. HiSense made our app available on their sets via the Smart TV Alliance, but hasn't provided us any sets to be able to test anything on, unfortunately."

I hope all doing without know you can use the media player in the Hisense to play content. Just no pretty UI.
    Must have DLNA turned on in Plex Media Server.

• bretjonesbretjones Members Posts: 3

same problem here.... I've spend all day **** around with settings thinking it was something I've done ........was working fine on my hisense but now nothing ☹️

• RojerRabbitRojerRabbit Members Posts: 8 ✭✭

I too have ****** around with plex on the server and other computers hosting plex that all stream to the Hiense smart TV thinking that I broke something .
    Plex through the TV app would play hardly anything I would get a blank screen on most things, I now have plugged an apple TV 3 box into the tv to watch PLEX a bit annoying cause i purchased the tv to use the plex app

Please fix the app Hiense

todays up date has no effect. i can log onto plex fine and i can see the library my problem comes when i try play a title i get a black screen with navigation buttons and description on the top left then about a minute later i get a message saying the video didnt play in time.

• SEAN ROBERTSSEAN ROBERTS Members, Plex Pass Posts: 13 Plex Pass

@bretjones please specify your update version, my TV is still on 3.8.0 no new updates as yet for me.

plex update not opera. i was just hopefull

@bretjones said:
    plex update not opera. i was just hopefull

I hope you mean the TV app for opera TV store

My recent experiences with the Hisense Plex app and the success with playing mp4 and optimised-to-mp4 files, and inability to play mkv files: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1469746#Comment_1469746

• nextimelahnextimelah Members Posts: 2

Hi guys, I had this same problem with my Hisense TV and someone actually found the answer on this forum except that it was in Spanish!

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/277200/plex-en-smarttv-hisense-no-reproduce-videos

On your TV Plex app, go to Settings -> Video and select Maximum H.264 Level to None. That worked for me!