Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Episode linker still maintained?

lairdmacdonaldlairdmacdonald Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

Hello.

I have been using episode linker for quite a few years to move downloaded content from Downloads on my Mac to my NAS but one thing thats troubled me recently is it transfers the data much slower (about 2/3's the speed) than if I just drag and drop in finder. I wondered if this is because its a really old binary now containing both PPC and 32bit i386 code and not a nice shiny new x64 binary package.

Is anyone actively maintaining it that could roll a new 64bit copy? I guess at some future date, Apple will stop 32bit code from running at all on macOS so would be good to have a 64bit version by then.

Thanks.

Ian.

Answers

• lairdmacdonaldlairdmacdonald Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

OK just did a bit more checking on this and looks like the same issue occurs when using the mv command so I guess thats all Episode linker is doing.

Ian.