If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Force plex to process a movie via the TV and not via the nas

nabilcnabilc Posts: 3Members

Good morning
I have an old dobo 5n Nas with 5x 8TO WD Red disks, and a smart tv LG65b6v
When I run plex on my tv, I can explore my Movies library bu I cant play these movies because my Nas is not powerful enough to do it.
So I have to close plex and run my tv's media player to access my Nas and then play a movie.

So every time I need to see a movie I have to:
1- Open plex to choose a movie
2- Open the Tv media player to search the movie already chosen and play it.

Is there any configuration I can do to force plex to play a movie from my NAS on TV without transcoding it via the NAS processor?
My Tv is much more powerful then my NAS.

Thanks a lot

Best Answer

Answers

• nabilcnabilc Posts: 3Members

I activated both options but it has not changed anything

• nabilcnabilc Posts: 3Members

After activating the 2 options (which I have done on my PC: www.plex.tv), I have to disconnect from my account plex on the TV and reconnect again for the changes to take effect.
    It works perfectly now.
    thank you so much