Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Why is this app so terrible?!

afh414afh414 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 40 Plex Pass

Why is this app so terrible compared to other interfaces (Roku, Xbox, Even Web Based)? It stutters, doesn't seem to sync properly on the fly (or even at launch for that much). It double plays every video I launch when I start it off. It will sometimes just freeze. I have NONE of these types of problems via other avenues.

Answers

• JeremyDealJeremyDeal Members Posts: 7 ✭✭

I agree completely. Worst interface & UI experience of any other option. What sucks the worst is the other options are completely free and this is a paid app. Just goes to show, you DONT always get what you pay for.

• afh414afh414 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 40 Plex Pass

Did they fire the windows guy and hire someone competent yet?

• thelanrangerthelanranger Members, Plex Pass Posts: 57 Plex Pass

I've been bitching about this for literally YEARS. They have made the UWP app do the absolute bare minimum. I can only hope that the end of this year the Restone 5 update to Windows 10 COMPLETELY breaks the app so they will be FORCED to write a new one.

According to the MS roadmap, end of this year should be new Office, new Server, new MAJOR windows 10 feature update, huge updates to cloud services, and (oh dear god hopefully) the new andromeda/polaris/c-shell OS device.

If all that happens in a short span from 3rd quarter 2018 to 2nd quarter 2019 lots of Windows UWP will be updated. They won't have a choice.