Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Alexa finds server and player but not much beyond that

almontefalmontef Members, Plex Pass Posts: 52 Plex Pass

I am running PMS 1.7.5 on Windows 10. I recently got a Echo Dot and downloaded the Plex skill from Alexa. Alexa is able to find my plex server and player (PMP/IOS/Web Firefox) with now issues.

However the moment I ask plex what's on deck or to play a movie, I get the following error:

"Uh oh! Something weird just happened. Alarm bells are ringing around the world as Plex engineers are rushing to fix this issue"

If I play a movie and tell Alexa to pause/play it does work so the connectivity appears to be there.

Things that I have done to try and resolve the issue:

Set secure connections to preferred
Set allow failback to insecure connections to "on same network as server"
Made sure the player was signed in with my main (managed user environment) and running
Removed and enabled the plex skill about 5 times already

Any ideas on what the issue may be or what I can look at to help guide me to the cause of this issue? Thanks in advance.

Tagged:

Comments

• troyecclestroyeccles Members, Plex Pass Posts: 21 Plex Pass

I used to get this issue then it changed to "I'm having trouble accessing your Plex skill right now".
    Nothing works for me at all. Never has.'

WTF Plex?

• smakdafrogsmakdafrog Members Posts: 2

Did you ever find out anything with this issue? I'm experiencing the same thing. When I had Plex Media Server on a Windows box, the Alexa Plex skill worked, but since I've moved it to a Docker, seems to not be working. Like you said, It will Pause/Play, but it will not actually start playing a movie or tell me whats on Deck. Get the infamous "Uh oh! Something weird just happened. Alarm bells are ringing around the world as Plex engineers are rushing to fix this issue"