If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

have to continuously link xbox one with plex server

twos50twos50 Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have to continuously link xbox one with plex server. Even though the xbox one is in the list of "Devices". I have multiple home plex accounts with multiple xbox one signin accounts. Why does this happne??
I have included logs

Answers

• jmckeejmckee Posts: 4,970Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Is every xbox live account that is signing into the Xbox One and opening the plex app attached to a different plex account?

This issue normally happens when a second xbox live account tries to link a plex account that is already linked. Because of the current 1:1 restriction when the second xbox live account links to the plex account the previous account is unlinked.

• twos50twos50 Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

oh ok. I think i've resolved my issue by signing in with a user name a password of my admin account. This has prevented me of continuously having to link the xbox console. See, i was given an option of using the Link code or sign in with a user name and password. I thought by using the "Link" code that it would not keep asking me to use the link every time i used the app. But that was not the case. So i decided to just use the "sign in with user name and password" option. Now when I go into the app it takes me to the "home" page. Albeit, its the last "signed in" users home page, but at least i don't have to repeated use the "link code". Now i'm looking for the "user selection" screen to come up every time the app is used, without having to toggle the "switch user" before exiting the app. @ jmckee, thanks for the response.

• jmckeejmckee Posts: 4,970Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

There should be a setting in the app for automatically log into the last user.

When you open the settings screen, under experience, the top option automatically sin in, and setting it to disabled should prompt you at the plex home user screen.